Best of 2020: Product highlights from LetsBuild’s progress and planning app (GenieBelt).
Hardly anyone can deny that 2020 was a year full of challenges, not only for the construction industry, but for the whole world. Meanwhile, as we approach the final days of a year that many would like to forget, we decided to let you end the year on a positive note with our two-part product story.
So now that we’ve dived into all the new APROPLAN features and improvements, it’s time to take a closer look at GenieBelt, LetsBuild’s progress and planning app.
Over the last twelve months, we’ve put a lot of work into optimizing GenieBelt by introducing new features that allow you to keep an eye on everything on your jobsite and successfully complete your projects faster and more cost-effectively.
So today, we’re presenting everything you need to know about the GenieBelt app from LetsBuild:
GenieBelt – APROPLAN: Same vision, same colors!
As we mentioned in the first part of our story, GenieBelt and APROPLAN merged in early 2019 to create a new force in construction technology. A force that will be able to connect the industry by fully digitizing the construction phase.
After two years of relentless efforts, we feel we are one step closer to our dream. APROPLAN forms can now be attached to GenieBelt tasks, making it much easier for you to automate quality checks on each task and keep track of any issues that may arise on the job site.
The link between the two apps ensures that you identify and resolve critical issues faster than ever before, and avoid costly mistakes before they jeopardize the progress of your projects and your construction acceptance.
But that’s not all! GenieBelt and APROPLAN now share the same colors, too. So you can expect a consistent user experience when working with our apps.
COVID-19 checklists and dashboards to safely reopen and manage your worksites.
The pandemic has had a unique impact on the construction industry worldwide. As construction sites are now allowed to reopen, contractors must find ways to ensure your teams have the highest safety standards and are in compliance with all measures.
To help the industry with this massive project, LetsBuild’s Customer Success team has created certified COVID-19 checklists and dashboards that project managers can use to manage their reopened worksites, even from the home office.
<!– [if lte IE 8]>
Cross-project working has been optimized
One of the most valuable features of GenieBelt is cross-project working, as it allows you to take your project management to a whole new level.
This year, we set a goal to improve our cross-project working feature and are confident that we were able to implement many of your requests, making the feature more intuitive and user-friendly. Below you can expect ane detailed list of the most important updates that our team has brought to the feature (only available on PC):
- Shared filters and views: When you create a new view in the ‘Cross-Project’ tab, you can decide whether it’s a user or company view. You can even display both views at the same time!Thanks to this new feature, you can now align your teams much faster, as it will be much easier to keep everyone in the loop by sharing a specific view that you or your collaborators have created in advance.
- Edit the date of multiple tasks at the same time: you can now select multiple tasks at the same time and edit them with just a few clicks. In other words, you can save a lot of time by managing all your projects at once and making extensive changes with the click of a button. For example, you can shift the date of several tasks simultaneously by +/-3 days.
- Holidays: The ‘Project Override’ feature has been updated with additional calendars for holidays from around the world. This allows you to plan ahead and avoid delays by predicting your project’s off-peak times.Currently, you can use the following holiday calendars: Danish, German, British, Polish, French, Belgian (FR and NL), American, Chilean.
- Optimization of calendar weeks: This is a small but important update that improves the readability of the cross-project view. By enabling the “Calendar Week” parameter in your profile, you can display calendar weeks in the cross-project view.
<!– [if lte IE 8]>
Excel and MSP integrations are finally available
At LetsBuild, we know exactly how important it is for you to link all of your tools into a single source of information. That’s exactly why we’ve invested a lot of time in introducing powerful new integrations.
Learn how to make the most of your project data by linking LetsBuild to Excel and MSP:
- Excel Plugin: Project managers tell us time and time again that they rely on Excel for their planning and use Excel to create all their reports and updates. From now on, LetsBuild will help you bring your planning to life and update it automatically.The Excel plugin allows you to download a project from LetsBuild, upload a project from Excel to LetsBuild, and synchronize projects between Excel and LetsBuild so they reflect reality at all times. To make it even easier for you, the plugin automatically notifies you of new versions, so you’re always working with the latest version.
- MSP Plugin: Discover how our new MS Project plugin can help you make changes to the project plan and share them with project teams in just a few clicks.
So you’ll always have an accurate, shareable live view of your project, even if you can’t be on site every day.
<!–HubSpot Call-to-Action Code –><!– [if lte IE 8]> <!– [if lte IE 8]>![endif]-->
Custom Fields and Additional Language Options
In the first part of this summary, we looked in detail at the role of custom fields in APROPLAN, LetsBuild’s QHSE app. However, custom fields can also be created by GenieBelt mobile users.
Custom fields are new and flexible metadata that you can assign directly when creating a task. More specifically, you can now add fields like date or text and assign them the value you want. This gives you more details about each task and can improve your filtering process.
Finally, you can get more control over your tasks and find the information you need with ease.
But that’s not all! With the goal of making GenieBelt accessible to even more people around the world, we’ve added two new languages. GenieBelt is now available in Polish and Dutch, making it easier for all teams and stakeholders who speak these languages to stay connected through the app.
Improved Backend Performance
and reliability has always been one of our top priorities, and 2020 was no exception
We’ve invested a lot of time and effort to improve our data security and ensure a faster backend experience for all our users.
You can now also check and monitor the availability of our services at status.letsbuild.com .
In 2021, we’ll implement the features you want!
We hope you enjoyed our two-part product story for 2020 and are as excited about the year ahead as we are.
Once again, we would like to thank you for your support and inspiring ideas over the years and invite you to be part of this journey by sending us your personal wishes and suggestions for new product features.
To do so, simply click the button below:
<!– [if lte IE 8]>
From the entire LetsBuild team: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! ️
Continue reading: https://www.letsbuild.com/de/blog/eine-letsbuild-weihnachtsgeschichte-kapitel-2-alles-im-blick-mit-geniebelt